Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statement
Capital CS is committed to achieving the highest industry standards of Health, Safety and Environmental performance. We believe Zero harm is achievable through engagement and continual improvement. Our Board members and accountable for performance delivered through exemplary leadership standards and behaviours.
We are committed to:
- Preventing all injuries, work-related illnesses and minor/major incidents. All employees should receive suitable training on the hazards they face and the safe systems of work to control this.
- Minimising the environmental impact of our operation and products. Strive to continually improve our environmental performance, prevent pollution and conform to our compliance obligations. We optimise our use of energy and natural resources, minimise waste and reduce our emissions to air and water through the adoption of sustainable practises.
- Ensuring all employees and contractors are responsible for their health, safety and protection of the environment. Management however is accountable. Management has the responsibility to demonstrate appropriate leadership standards and behaviours.
- Ensuring all employees are engaged and competent through the provision of suitable information, instruction and training.
- Achieving excellence in health, safety and environmental protection which will drive successful business results. Without healthy, safe and environmentally focused operation there can be no sustainable business.
- Integrating safety, health and environmental management into all business systems and processes, and continually improving them to further enhance our performance.
- Actively engaging our local communities. Active engagement with the communities near our site will allow us to understand and seek to address the concerns.
- Promoting responsible procurement and product stewardship. We will encourage key suppliers and contractors to behave in an environmentally sustainable manner and will promote the reuse and recycling of our products throughout their lifecycle
- Minimising our greenhouse gas emissions to meet our climate change responsibilities.
Managing Director, May 2022